Thursday, May 8

Oh friend, I cannot wait to see you!

I just talked to Cari and remembered (how could I forget even a little?) how much I love her. She is lovely and raw and pure and wild! Thoreau would love her.
I am going up to SB tomorrow (yayfortheday!) to go to the monastery and see Joe Bunting, a great friend and a talented musician, play at NorthStar. And in between? My friend from home, Jen, who has been on the best friend list since maybe second grade, when she was the cool kid with hot pink cheetah print rain boots, is coming too. It will be good for her to see where I've been these past two years, where so much of my heart is. We will all go on some adventuring together, Cari and Jen and I, and maybe some time catching up and maybe some just being. I would like that very very much.
For as much as Cari and I are different, we are heart-sisters, and it has been so hard to be away from her a whole semester, while she was up in San Fran. Not to mention I will be abroad next fall in England, which will be amazing minus the fact that I won't be here. Sigh. I guess I shouldn't despair too much and probably not at all.
But I am so excited about tomorrow and the people it will bring! I'm not sure that I can sleep, although I need to get up pretty damn early...

4 comments:

Josh Tengan said...

YAY for SB

man i miss it dearly. you guys have fun. tell the monastery what up (actually you probably left the mon. four hours ago.) have fun at joe's thing! tell santa barbara and everyone i love i said hello

kathryn said...

shannon hickey. oh, I'm so glad I ran into you today. you are lovely a million times over. :)
and I just fell in love with the mary oliver poem you posted.

pearl said...

oh shannon,
you make me think of tea and walks through the fog and thick sweaters and windy beaches, of calmness and movement and rest.
it was good to see you. you are beloved.

Kristin Michelle said...

i want to be your friend. nice mary oliver touch below :) ALSO you better alert me the next time you are in SB silly